This is the story of what happens when development goes wrong and the District of Columbia is unable to respond. This is all happening right now at 414Shepherd Street, NW, Washington DC. Compass Solutions, managed by Anthony Onyewuchi, is the owner of this property.
View the full Property Information Verification System Report (PIVS).
The current significant issues are:
- Rear wall collapsed
- Structural damage to both neighboring properties
- Standing water in the basement of the property with Dept of Health abatement notice
- Front gas line only being supported by a rope tied to porch
- Portions of the rear brick wall have been removed without permits
- General neighborhood blight
- Large hole / hazard in the front yard (abated in December 2016)
- Open property in front and backyard used to dump trash (DCRA added a front and rear fence on May 5, 2016, removed December 2016)
- Front porch footings eroded and risk collapse (abated in December 2016)