Agreement between 416 Shepherd, 412 Shepherd, and Anthony Onyewuchi of Compass Solutions
1) Mr. Onyewuchi will find out if Carlos will be on-site as the neighbors have had a good experience with him before
2) All agreed Gabriel will be our main point of contact but Mr. Onyewuchi will remind him to treat us respectfully and to be responsive.
3) Mr. Onyewuchi will have Pablo or Gabriel arrange a meeting as soon as possible where neighbors can review the following
– paperwork on crew to confirm they are employees
– proof that any independent contractors working on the project are covered by insurance
4) Mr. Onyewuchi has updated neighbors on the scope of the project including:
– Compass Solutions will not sell the property as condos
– there will be two units with separate entrances but it will be sold to 1 buyer (the buyer can always go through process to convert and re-sell as condos)
– back of house will be bumped out to same length as 412 and a deck will be added
– there will be no “bump-up”
– front yard will be excavated to add front entrance to lower unit
– porch will remain
– work to start this coming week and be completed by early April
5) Neighbors raised the likelihood of water intrusion given experience of several properties on the street. Neighbors suggested Mr. Onyewuchi design the backyard to slope away from the property, to ensure original yard drains remain connected and to install a french drain in the basement.
6) Mr. Onyewuchi kindly agreed to the following requests:
– allow neighbors to walk through when the framing is done but before walls are closed up in order to determine whether there has been any damage to our shared walls.
– repair any cracks in both neighboring properties walls
– repair the seam between the front porch stairs between 414 and 416
– remove dirt along backyard fence and re-install erosion barriers
– replace our front yard grass which has been invaded by weeds from his property
– regular clearing of weeds along the fence lines (front and back)
– consult with neighbors on aesthetics of any fencing in the front yard
– ensure snow is removed from sidewalks promptly to avoid any safety hazards
7) If problems arise we agreed to contact Mr. Onyewuchi by email before contacting DCRA. If we do not hear from Mr. Onyewuchi within 1-2 days we will follow up by phone. If we don’t hear back from Mr. Onyewuchi at that point Mr. Onyewuchi understood we would reach out to DCRA.